Saturday, October 13, 2007

Game 6: Dear Bryan...You Blow


I have come to the realization that the Toronto Maple Leafs are officially the same caliber as the Florida Panthers, Boston Bruins and the Lightning. How do I know this?...because teams are starting their back-ups against them. Toronto fell behind quickly 1-0 on a shot by Christensen that Toskala is still looking for but they came back strong and turned a 1-0 into a 2-1 lead. All was looking good till Sabourin had to leave the game with a cut on his head...Fleury came in when it was 2-1 Toronto and ended up holding the fort while his team shat on Toskala for a 6-4 win.

Normally I won't single a player out (yes I will) because as the saying goes..."You win as a team and you lose as a team"...Well that saying doesn't apply when McCabe is part of that team. Bryan McCabe litterally handed that game over to Pittsburgh. All night he was just standing around with is dick in his hand...He was a minus 3 (-3) tonight with 3 penalties (6 PIM). Obviously I can't show replays on my blog but on the 3-3 goal by Talbot it seriously looked like McCabe was trying to help him score...Toronto fans are very quick to pass judgement when a Leaf fucks up...sometimes it's deserved and sometimes it's not...tonight it was deserved when the ACC started booing' McCabe. I just had to shake my head in disgust and drink my beer...

It was a sloppy game all round Toronto was playing like...well Toronto and Pittsburgh was playing to the caliber of their opponents...there was tonnes of missed defensive assignments on both sides of the ice and in the end it all came down to who took advantage of those errors more...I'm sure the Pens are happy with the win but I doubt they're happy with the way they played (defensively).

If there is any good news to come out of this it's that Blake scored his first goal...as did Tucker. Gamache, Sundin, Stajan, White and Antropov all had solid games. Vesa looked kind of doo doo on a few of the goals...and a little off topic...I'm not quite sure why Raycroft didn't get the start...I mean if he won on Thursday shouldn't he get the start again? I know he had a pretty high goals against average against the Pens last season but I seriously believe that they (upper management) want him out of Toronto...They are totally tea-baggin' this guy...

One last thing before I go...before the game started I believe is was Scott Oak (or maybe Bob Cole but I think Bob is too stupid to accurately deliver stats) who said "Crosby is still looking for his first goal of the season"...well guess what Scott...If anyone is in an offensive slump the best way to get them out is to play the Leafs...i mean come on...I dare you to find me one single Leaf fan that was thinking "ohh Crosby hasn't scored yet?...well he sure won't start tonight!"...what a fucking joke the leafs are...I'm done...I'll see everyone Tuesday morning...

No comments: