Monday, November 12, 2007

Games 17 & 18: 2 Games In 2 Nights Starting To Catch Up To The Leafs...

Friday night Toronto was at home away from home against Buffalo at the HSBC arena (which for those of you who don't know is about a dong's length from the border). The arena was more than half full with Leafs fans and it was rockin'...I missed the first period because of my commute but I did listen to it on the radio...It sounded like Toronto was getting out played pretty bad and I found myself to not be in a hurry to get home and watch anymore...When I did turn on the t.v. I was pleasantly surprised with Toronto's play. They had great defensive end coverage and were containing Buffalo's speed to the outside for the final two periods. Raycroft looked great (for once) and managed to get the shutout (6th of his career if I heard correctly)...isn't there a guy in Columbus right now who already has 5 this year alone?...I digress...The boys looked great and managed to capitalize on a struggling Sabres team...thank god...

So with Raycroft doing amazingly well on Friday it would make sense to start him on Saturday vs. the red hot Rangers right?...well that's why you're not a millionaire GM...stupid...apparently it makes more sense to start the guy who got pulled in his last two starts vs. the guy who got a shutout the night before...I guess we're all the retarded ones and JFJ is the genius...

Really nice remembrance day/HHOF ceremony before the game...just though I'd throw that in...

The game was pretty exciting...although it was difficult to watch...I'm not sure if it was because of the wet burps induced by my butter chicken dinner or the fatigue that the Leafs were showing but it was awkward to watch...One thing that I noticed on Saturday that really pisses me off about the Leafs...(it's actually reason #4,302) is how they give up their own blue line when the other team is trying to enter...it's so frustrating to watch it drives me nuts...Next time you watch a Leafs game watch how the opposite team lines up on their blue line when the Leafs are trying to enter (usually 3 on the line with a 4th right behind them) the Leafs have no chance of breaking this wall and are always forced to dump and chase...then look at when the opposing team is trying to come into the leafs zone. the Leafs just allow them to waltz right in (much like Paris' vag) and set up shop for their offensive possession...Just baffels me that with the amount of problems they have in their zone they would try and correct something like letting the other team in their zone in the first place...whatever...

Avery was a pest...like he always is...he's good at it...do I hate him? you bet. Would I want him on my team? In a second...you see Avery is the kind of guy that Tucker wishes he was...and blake too if he wasnt so much like Wendell Borton ...Avery got in the face of Leafs players early and often and was also a bastard on the scoresheet setting up Shanny for the first goal and scoring the second himself (span of :45 seconds in the 2nd)...

The Leafs looked tired and New York was skating circles around them (mostly Jagr)...this guy has mad speed...and he's strong on the puck...Pony scored 2 twice late in the second to tie it at 2-2 but New York ended up winning in the shootout...so Toronto got 3 of 4 points this weekend...not bad but could be better...ohh wait it is better...Because Kubina is out with a bummed knee...whheeeeeeee!

So tomorrow (Tuesday) the Canadiens are in Toronto to face the Leafs and then the Buds are off to Boston for one before hosting the Sens again...where they will probably get embarassed again...then host the Bruins next Tuesday. These next 4 games could really help (or potentially destroy) the Leafs...It will be very interesting to see which team shows up to play...Wishful thinking would have the Leafs comming out of this 2-2 but it think it might be more like 1-3...we'll see...

No comments: