Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Game 22: It's So Nice To See Our Draft Picks Playing So Well...

Tuukka Rask made his NHL debut last night at the Air Canada Center. Rask was drafted by the Leafs in 2005 and looked very promising for them...That was until he was traded to the bruins for Raycroft. Rask played in and won his first NHL game against Toronto Last night 4-2...is this ever depressing...

The Leafs were about 39 minutes into the game with a 2-0 lead (both goals were shit) but managed to lose in the last 21 minutes...The goodness all started with guess who?...McCabe firing a clearing attempt right into the shin pads of Kobasew who threw it out to Kessel and put it past Toskala to open the flood gates. Here is the video of said brain fart by Bryan



I played hockey for most of my childhood and into my late teens. I played rep hockey and I was a defence man. One thing that I was taught (probably when I was about 6 or so) was this...Never try and clear it up the middle...the boards are your best friend. I just don't get how McCabe can continuously fuck up...it baffles me...
He needs to waive his no trade clause and get out of here before people start playing with his break cables...This guy is poison. I can complain about Bryan till I'm blue in the face but it wont do any good...I guess all we can do is hope for another groin injury that will take him out of the lineup for an extended period of time.

Anyways, after that gift goal the Bruins came out in the third and put 3 more in to seal the game...and yet again we see a team on Saturday that dominates the Sens then comes back last night and gives up 2 points to the Bruins...I wish TSN still had that "Pepto Bismol upset of the week" segment..Bryan McCabe would be the poster boy for that bitch and would be on for 52 weeks straight (I'm sure he'd find a way to cock slap leaf fans in the off season too)...

Some good news to come out of the game last night...Sundin scored number 399 as a leaf and also passed Mahovolich for sole possession of number 27 on the all time scoring list...Way to eat the clam chowder Mats!

So this weekend Toronto are off to Dallas and Phoenix (Friday and Saturday)...Dallas is doing just as well at the leafs this year and Phoenix is one of only 8 teams with a worse record than the leafs...I truly hope that Toronto will be coming out of this weekend 2-0...It's highly possible with their strong(er) play on the road then at home...by the way, that 4 game week is done as of last night and I predicted a 1-3 record...they went 1-2-1...I win...not like that makes it any better...See ya'll after the Stars game Friday.

No comments: